Eat Heart Smart Foods
According to the CDC 80% of deaths from heart disease can be attributed to preventable factors like obesity, poor physical activity, heavy drinking and eating habits!
- Fruits & Veggies – 2.5 Cups of Veggies – 2 Cups of Fruit – Berries are packed with Vitamin C, folate, manganese, potassium & fiber!
- Eat Whole Grains – … and minimize processed food with added sugar!
- Reduce Sodium – having less sodium in your diet may help you lower or avoid high blood pressure.
TIP: boost flavor with herbs and spices instead.
- Healthy Fats – Nuts, avocados & healthy oils like olive oil & coconut oil protect against heart disease by keeping “bad” cholesterol levels in check.
- Hydrate – A hydrated heart is able to pump blood more easily, allowing the muscles in your body to work even better.
- Swap In Fish – Fish, especially salmon, is packed with healthy Omega-3’s!
TIP: Try to have Omega-3 rich fish at least twice a week!