- Avocados: Not only are avocados loaded with fatty acids that help reduce the appearance of aging skin, but they also contain antioxidants, fiber, potassium, magnesium and folate which makes avocado the #1 “get gorgeous” food! Avocados benefit everything from your hair to your skin and even your nails.
- Seaweed: Yes, like the kind that’s in your sushi! Seaweed, like Nori and Kombu, contain iron, manganese, iodine, copper, zinc, omega3 fatty acids and selenium. All of these nutrients help deliver beautiful hair, skin and nails.
- Chocolate (Raw Cacao):This sweet treat contains antiaging antioxidants that fight free radicals to protect skin from UV damage and prevent the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and skin discoloration. Just one more reason to have that piece of dark chocolate every day, right?
- Water: You had to know this one was coming: remember to drink lots of water! Think of it as a natural “detox” for your body. Drinking water throughout the day can help get rid of toxins and flush your system. To achieve the look of healthier, glowing skin you should not only be hydrating from the outside but from the inside as well!
- Beauty Sleep: A good night’s sleep is essential to youthful, healthy looking skin. While you’re sleeping your skin is recovering moisture and damaged cells are being repaired. Without a good night’s rest, your skin can become dehydrated which causes under-eye puffiness, dark circles, dull looking skin, wrinkles and much more.
Written by Complexions Makeup Artist, Natalie.