Go To Guide For Cellulite Reduction & Body Contouring Procedures
Complexions is pleased to offer an enhanced technology for cellulite reduction and body contouring.
As the weather gets warmer we pull out shorts and summer dresses, and shed the winter sweaters and layers of clothes that have been camouflaging our skin tone and texture all winter long to unveil what might not make us so happy and ready to face the world. Fortunately, there is an option that we are happy to introduce to you with proven results.
VelaShape III is an FDA cleared nonsurgical and noninvasive procedure that uses a combination of 4 technologies to improve the appearance of cellulite and create circumferential inch loss for the thighs and abdomen. Using infrared light, bi-polar radio frequency energy, and vacuum manipulation that gently heats fat cells and underlying dermal collagen fiber. This type of application stimulates the growth of new and better collagen and elastin fibers which results in the reduction of skin laxity, circumference and an overall improved skin structure and texture.
Typically, a minimum of three treatment sessions are necessary, performed weekly, followed by periodic maintenance treatments for longer lasting results. Treatment sessions typically take less than an hour to perform and there is no significant discomfort or downtime following the treatment.
While VelaShape III is not a treatment for weight loss, and should be part of a proper diet and exercise program and self care performed at home, it can help reduce the appearance of cellulite and improve trouble spots to assist you in achieving a toned, contoured body making you look and feel your best.
What is Cellulite?
Cellulite appears as a dimpling or orange peel texture of the skin, most often seen on the legs, buttocks, upper arms, and abdomen. It is more common in woman than in men and may be due to hormonal factors. The dimpling appearance is due to the fibrous connective tissue cords that bind the skin to the underlying muscle, with the subcutaneous fat layer between. As fat cells accumulate, they push up against the skin, while the long, tough cords pull down beneath the skin. This creates an uneven surface or dimpling.
Other factors, such as weight and muscle tone can affect whether you have cellulite, though even very fit and thin people can have it. Aging can also cause an increase of cellulite due to the loss of elasticity in the skin.
VelaShapeIII is a non-invasive body contouring treatment for circumferential and cellulite reduction. The tissue manipulation and gentle infrared heating and radio frequency used during a VelaShape III treatment enables you to successfully improve the appearance of cellulite. The VelaShape III system is FDA-cleared for temporary reduction in the appearance of cellulite and temporary reduction of thigh and abdominal circumferences.
Things you can do to support the treatments are;
- Begin your day with a few minutes of massage using a firm mitt or body brush to manipulate the tissue, improve blood flow and get rid of excess fluid, which may make dimples less noticeable.
- Following the massage, apply a body cream that contains adequate amounts of Vitamin A such as ALift to help build collagen in the skin to assist in smoothing the appearance.
- Get Moving and include exercise in your daily activity.
- Eat a balanced diet with more fiber – including whole grains, fruit, and vegetables — instead of “empty”-calorie foods. The simple or “refined” carbs found in many breads, candy, and soft drinks add calories. This can lead to unwanted fat, especially in cellulite-prone areas.
- Sitting for long periods of time can cause fluid buildup in the tissue, be sure to get out for a walk or take a brat to keep things moving.
- Applying a self-tanner may help dimpled areas look less noticeable. Start with a gentle Complexions body scrub, then apply Infinity Sun self-tanning lotion all over, using gloved hands. Pass on a real tan, as UV rays break down collagen and elastin, damage your skin and make cellulite look worse. You can also opt for an Air Brush Spray Tan for a safe, sun kissed look.
- Hydrotherapy Pressure Massage is great for deep tissue manipulation to assist the VelaShape III treatments and maintain results by removing toxins and fluids trapped in the connective tissue.
- A Seaweed Detox Body wrap can also assist with eliminating toxins and smoothing your skin texture.
- Contact the spa today for a personal consultation with a professional spa expert who can design a custom program that is just right for you.