Microdermabrasion And What You Need To Know
Microdermabrasion is a mechanical exfoliation that removes the uppermost layer of dead skin cells from the face, chest and hands. It uses air pressure to circulate fine crystals over the skin to gently remove dead cells, oils and other debris that clog pores and lead to aged and dull looking skin.
Microdermabrasion treatments are excellent for:
- acne scarring
- treating sun damaged skin
- minimizing fine lines & wrinkles
- removing excess oils
- blackhead/whitehead removal
- enlarged pores and more
More about Microdermabrasion:
Microdermabrasion is a less aggressive approach than dermabrasion. It uses a powerful device to spray micro-crystals across the skin’s surface. The crystals are a very fine, very hard, sand-like material that gently sands the skin, removing the thicker, uneven outer layer. The procedure expedites the natural process of epidermal cell regeneration without the use of harsh chemicals and improves skin texture and tone.
With a Microdermabrasion treatment you can return to your daily activities immediately. Healing time is rapid with minimal discomfort and redness.
The most common side effects are a slight redness and a mild sunburn sensation which may be present for a few hours following the procedure.
Most people see dramatic results after one treatment. However, for optimal results, we recommend a treatment program of 6-8 visits every 10-14 days to address your specific needs.
The Microdermabrasion technology has seen extensive use in the most exclusive spas and med spas throughout the world for more than 30 years.
Regular treatments will give your skin a vibrant, younger and healthier look.
Benefits of Microdermabrasion
- Rejuvenates sun damaged skin – The sun can do a number on your skin’s texture creating pigmented spots, wrinkles and enlarge pores.
- Eases age spots – Microdermabrasion stimulates new cells to migrate to the surface, replacing the damaged ones. You will watch your discolored spots fade away.
- Painless – Using micro crystals, this painless treatment physically exfoliates the skin without pain or discomfort.
- Improves the look of fine lines and wrinkles – Regardless of your age, exposing your skin to UV rays causes vertical and horizontal lines across the skin’s surface leaving the texture leather like in appearance. However, a persistent program of microdermabrasion treatments can soften those creases and turn back the clock on aging.
- Works quickly – Often called a lunchtime peel, microdermabrasion is a fast treatment with immediate results – with little to no downtime to force you to go into hiding, from family and friends. You call literally go right back to work and no one will know you had anything done.
- Makes other cosmetic procedures work better – Microdermabrasion can be combined with other procedures such as chemical peels to rejuvenate your complexion. It also improves the effectiveness of topical serums by increasing absorption of important ingredients through the surface layer.
- Helps makeup look smoother – By ridding your complexion of dead skin cells and smoothing fine lines and wrinkles, microdermabrasion lets your makeup glide on for a flawless finish.
- Shrinks pores – Microdermabrasion helps to minimize enlarged pores.
- Gives acne treatment the advantage – Microdermabrasion dislodges clogged pores that lead to acne, helping to get rid of impurities and leaving cleaner, smoother skin behind. It also opens the door for topical anti-acne treatments, making it easier for medications to do their job.
- Improves acne scars – Exfoliating the top layer of your skin with microdermabrasion can smooth superficial acne scars by stimulating fibroblast cells to produce more collagen, improving the smoothness and texture of your skin.