Date Night Makeup Tips
Valentine’s Day is always the perfect time of year to reinvent yourself through makeup. A romantic makeup application can be worn for this special occasion or any time you’re looking to update your day-to-day beauty routine. Complexions Stylist & Makeup Artist Zachary Hart shares his top tips for getting the perfect sweetheart look using Complexi, our very own mineral based, paraben-free Complexions makeup line. See our Valentine’s Spa Specials
- BB Cream: Our BB cream can be used as a moisturizer with a hint of pigment, or layered to build up the desired amount of coverage. It can be applied using your fingers or with a synthetic brush (synthetic brushes are best for creams as they do not absorb the product and waste it.)
- Cream Concealer: Our cream concealer comes in a stick form, which is perfect for travel in a purse, and can be applied by dabbing a mall amount under your eyes and on any trouble spots, and with a synthetic concealer brush.
- Powder: Our “Just Peachy” illuminating setting powder will set your BB cream in place, while giving off a natural dewey shine. If you prefer the matte look, our “Translucent Setting Powder” will do the same, just without the added glow. Apply it using a natural hair brush under the eyes to set the concealer, in the center of the forehead, chin, upper lip area, and on the eye lids to prep for eyeshadow. Our bronzer in “Rio De Janiero” is the perfect shade to add dimension and warmth back into the skin, while giving off a healthy glow. This can be applied with a natural hair brush under the cheek bones, along the jaw line, the temples, and a slight sweep across the nose for that “just off the beach” look. Apply “Posy” blush to your cheeks to bring some more color back into the skin.
- Shadow: Our hand-selected Eyeshadow Trio contains the shades “Toast”, “Pebble” and “Rosy Tan” will cover all of the bases. Sweep “Toast” all over your eyelid up to the brow bone to prep the eye for the other shadows (powder products blend better over other powder products.) Next, “Rosy Tan” can be applied to the eyelid for a subtle hint of color and glow, followed by “Pebble” blended into the crease (using a fluffy brush) and along the lash line (with a small pencil brush or angled brush.)
- Liner: Our eyeliner pencils are a gel formulation, which allows for blending before it sets, and bold color that can be build on depending on how dramatic you want your look to be. Apply “Sienna 002”, a dark brown, to the upper and lower lash line and use a pencil brush (or cotton tip) to slightly blend out.
- Lashes: Our featured lash for this look is the Ardell “Demi-Wispy” strip lash. This style is light, fluttery, and is perfect to add a little more length and volume while still looking natural. Apply lash glue to the strip and wait for it to get tacky (about 30 seconds) and then using a tweezer, set the strip on the center of the lash line, and then lay down the outer and inner corner. The lash glue will dry clear. Apply your favorite mascara to your own lashes; this will blend the falsies with your own so the lashes look completely natural.
- Lipstick: “Grace” lipstick is the perfect romantic color; a nude-pink that is just a little more intense than the natural color of the lips. Apply it straight out of the tube or use a lip brush for a more precise application.
- Lipgloss: “Seduction” lipgloss speaks for itself. A high shine, pigmented gloss is perfect to apply to the center of the lips for a subtle highlight and glossy look, without leaving your lips un-kissable.