Guys, you can achieve the perfect shave at home!
The master Barber Giuseppe at Complexions Barber Spa is pleased to share his professional shaving tips so you too can achieve the perfect shave.
- Before you shave, it is best to prepare the beard by taking a hot shower or using a hot, moist towel. Applying this to the face beforehand will soften the hair, which makes shaving gentler on the skin.
- It’s important to protect the skin by using a Shaving Cream. Shaving cream helps to soften the beard. It provides a smooth glide with the razor allowing for a close shave that is both gentle and accurate. Due to their thick consistency, shaving creams and shaving gels tend to stick to the skin better than soap suds and do not dry out your skin like soap will.
- Gentle strokes with a sharp razor, in the direction of the hair growth, not against the grain, helps prevent razor burn and leaves a much closer shave.
- For best results, pull the skin tight before each stroke and rinse your razor frequently with hot water.
- Finally, splash the face with cold water to close the pores and increase circulation, which oxygenates the skin cells, giving you a vibrant glow.
- To calm any post-shaving skin irritation, finish with a moisturizing cream appropriate for your skin type.
One of Giuseppe’s favorite shaving products is Organic Male’s Soothing Ocean Mineral Splash, available for purchase in our Barber Spa.
Organic Male’s Soothing Ocean Mineral Splash
A soothing aftershave/after cleansing toner designed exclusively for male sensitive skin. Gotu Kola, Rosehip and Chamomile are scientifically blended with our Ocean Mineral Concentrate and proprietary Marine Super Food ComplexTM to protect, soothe and heal environmentally stressed skin. Soothing Ocean Mineral Splash actively reduces inflammation, redness, blemishes and burns. It is an excellent solution for shaving sensitivity and male rosacea.
Twist the top open, shake a small amount of balancer into the palm of your hand, and gently splash/rub over the face and neck. Do this after your shave. For optimal results, at least once per week, apply balancer to the corner of a wash or micro fiber face cloth and gently go over the skin to remove post cleansing and shaving residue.