Etiquette & FAQ
As a spa guest, you have the right to:
- A clean, safe and comfortable environment
- Stop a treatment at any time, for any reason
- Be treated with consideration, dignity and respect
- Confidential treatment of your disclosed health information
- Trained staff who respectfully conduct treatments according to treatment protocols and the spa’s policies and procedures
- Ask questions about your spa experience
- Information regarding staff training, licensing and certification
As a spa guest, it is your responsibility to:
- Communicate your preferences, expectations and concerns
- Communicate complete and accurate health information and reasons for your visit
- Treat staff and other guests with courtesy and respect
- Use products, equipment and therapies as directed
- Engage in efforts to preserve the environment
- Adhere to the spa’s published policies and procedures
Complexions Spa welcomes groups for special occasions as we understand it can be a very festive time and we’re happy you have chosen us to accommodate you. We do ask all guests to be mindful of other guests who use this facility for rest and relaxation. With that said, please remember to keep noise levels at a minimum in the spa, especially in the Serenity Relaxation Lounge, Locker Rooms, Wellness Lounge and outside of the treatment rooms. Thank you very much in advance for this consideration. It is our responsiblity that all guests of the spa are able to unplug and enjoy their time away.
When your treatment has ended and the therapist extends an invitation to “take your time getting up” while they leave the room, just how long is it acceptable for one to continue lying there reflecting on the experience? In most instances, the treatment room will be needed in the next 15 minutes or so for the next guest. It is certainly appropriate to take your time while dressing, such as five to 10 minutes. Your therapist will meet you outside of the room and will escort you back to the Serenity Relaxation Lounge.
Please pay particular attention the spa hours of operation. The steam and sauna are shut down at our designated closing time in order for us to prepare properly for the next day. If you would like to enjoy these amenities we suggest you arrive 30 minutes ahead of time so not to feel rushed.
We kindly ask our guests to please allow 24 hours notice of changes or cancellations. With fewer than this allotted time, you will be charged for your scheduled services. Please keep in mind that late arrivals will not receive an extension of scheduled services.
Most spas have a 24-hour cancellation policy, but find out just in case. If you violate their policy, the spa is legally permissible to charge you for a partial or full amount of the treatment.