What is a microcurrent facial?A treatment that uses gentle electrical stimulation to trigger the body’s natural skin enhancement chemicals at a cellular level. Professional-grade microcurrent machines emit a positive and a negative current via two wands, probes, or sponges. When the probes are placed a few inches apart on the face, a circuit of current travels from one point to the other and stimulates the tissue in between. The current is sub-sensory, which means all one feels is the gliding of the rods and perhaps a slight tingle. The current is so gentle, most clients often fall asleep mid-facial.
What can it be used to treat?
- Improve muscle tone in the face and neck.
- Lift jowels and eyebrows.
- Reduce and eliminate fine lines and wrinkles.
- Improve facial blood circulation.
- Aid in lymphatic drainage.
- Enhance product penetration to treat multiple skin problems.
Is the microcurrent right for you?
This regenerating treatment is designed especially for those concerned with aging skin, with the specific goal of reducing wrinkles and increasing plump, firm skin. In addition to being featured in our Optimal Natural Face Lift ($131), which enhances the toning treatment by concluding with a firming and lifting cream that reduces fine lines and help improve facial definition, particularly around the jaw line, neck, eye and lip areas, microcurrent can also be added to any facial treatment for those with aging concerns. We also offer the option of receiving microcurrent as an à la carte treatment either for the full face ($75) or for the eye area ($45) twice a week. Whether you’re looking for a Special Occasion “quick fix” or a long-term non-surgical “facelift,” this treatment is right for you if your goal is to attain healthier, younger looking skin.
How many treatments until you notice a change?
The number of sessions depends on your age and skin condition, but the effect is immediate and cumulative. We recommend a series of treatments, followed by periodic maintenance, for best results. Typically, clients will notice a 5 to 7 year reduction in the appearance of facial aging.
Treatment recommendation by age:
- 20 – 30 years: Use cautiously as a preventative treatment to slow down the aging process
- 30 – 35 years: Initial series of 4 – 6, 1x per week
- 35 – 40 years: Initial series of 6 – 10, 2x per week
- 40 – 50 years: Initial series of 8 – 12, 3x per week for 1 week and 2x a week thereafter
- 50 – 60 years: Initial series of 12 – 15, 3x per week for 2 weeks and 2x per week thereafter
- 60 – plus years: Initial series of 15, 3x times per week